Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Prayers - Day#3 for a Sister in Christ in Crisis - when you pass through the rivers

Isaiah 43.2 says --
When You pass through the waters, I will be with you: and when you pass
through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. 
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned: the flames will not set you ablaze. 

Very simple....  again.... we cast all cares onto our Lord Jesus  and  He will sustain us. 

EASY to say right? 

HARD to really allow into our actual physical existence....?  Maybe? 






Today - the ENTIRE day has been talk of the upcoming storm -- IRMA
What a name.  She is huge!  She is a monster!

Did you know that Irma is related to the Hebrew word for mother.  THIS is the "mother" of all storms.  I just watched an update with Mike Lyons and he stated that we have no record of a CAT 5 Hurricane stating at 185 mph for over a 24 hour stretch!   Impressive.  I mean -- it is really impressive. 

 And I even heard one weather girl on a major station say, "its going to be bad, just so bad".   I stopped and listened to her and thought - oh my.  She should be fired.  I mean -- it certainly DOES look bad -- but she is on National TV and she should not cause a worried panic!  

Today a  student  asked me, "what if... and  what if...and what if".  I tried to answer each question but then I finally said, "do you believe in God?  Jesus?"   And He said, "no".


Lord...may Your Fall beauty be a reminder that we still have work to do here!
 He stated he was actually an atheist.   Now, I am not quite sure he knows exactly what that means but he was pretty sure.    I said, "do you see how peaceful I am today.  Do you see that I have peace? "  And then I asked, "do you think I could get on a plane and go to Wisconsin leaving my house on the water all alone if I did not trust Jesus?" 

 And he agreed I did. I had peace.  And he knew the impact of leaving the house while I fly to Wisconsin for the weekend - which was planned back in May of this year!!  

  So then I said, "I guess NOT believing in Jesus is causing you some stress".  He agreed.  And then I told him I would pray for him and  I prayed that he would want Jesus and His peace.   Then we moved on to Social Studies and some map skills. 

Before my students left today - I prayed over them.  I did.  I know I am in a public school, but I did. And I did  not want that young man  going out of my classroom thinking  that I had forgotten and I  had not  prayed for him. 

So, today -- as I prayed for this sweet sister in Christ -- and her circumstances, I had to remind myself that indeed.....God has me too.  And when I get back to school -- I will give that young man this verse and we will pick back up on that conversation - as God wastes NOTHING. 

I am going to believe that as this storm approaches and as I have no control over it - the God who made the stars and the planets.....is in total control of Irma. 

I have prayed and believe that she will move east and out to the sea.  And if God allows her to strike South Florida -- then it will be for His purpose.  There are many that need a good scare.... I am just saying.  Being scared makes us MOVE some times.   Being scared brings out the BEST in us sometimes... but it can also bring out the worst. 
 


So, as I started this blog -- I will pray for my secret sister and myself --

 LOrd...allow THAT verse to sink in and BE alive in our bones.  Lord, make that verse become our words and our peace.  Lord...make that verse come alive.  Lord, may my friend experience  YOUR supernatural peace this evening and know and believe that when these 40 days of concentrated prayers are done...something BIG is going to happen!  And...as she passes through this ...the waters will not sweep her off her feet -- IN Jesus Name...AMEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!