Monday, April 21, 2014

Sticks and Stones......


So, remember the old saying - "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"? Yeah right -- words hurt --words really can bring one down . . .and words can tear at a soul but the irony is --that words can heal . . .words can bring one up . . . and words can rebuild you.

It needs to be God's words.     God's.     HIS alone.

 I want to encourage someone who may be listening to words that are  hurtful -
I want to encourage someone who may be at the receiving end of hurtful accusations -
I want to encourage someone who may be reading this tonight and she has heard,"I never loved you"-
I want to encourage a wife who is ready to 'throw in the towel' cause the words and the lies are too hard to allow in...
I want to encourage another  - who maybe heard words THIS DAY that totally destroyed her life - 
I want to encourage myself....as I am in deep prayer this week for one beautiful woman who is at a crossroads.

 I am being honest - I WANT to tell her to GIVE up...she has taken ENOUGH - but I know that is NOT what God wants me to tell her.   It is only my flesh that wants to smack the one hurting her.  But saying, 'it is only a flesh wound' does NOT cover it.  

So with prayer and reading HIS word...I asked God - what do I do?  

I was reminded a  post I wrote 3 years ago called:  "Sticks and Stones"

I was reminded of a childhood situation where my teacher said, "don't worry about what he said, it does not matter anyway".  But it did matter....it devastated me.  

.....  Cause WORDS do hurt.  

Words are powerful.

Words can bring life and death.
 HIS words are perfect!  

God's word says: Isaiah 55.11 So will my word be which  goes forth from MY mouth, it will not return to ME empty.

Don't be discouraged. Don't.
God's words DO not return empty....they bring life.  


In reading  God's word today, I wanted to FIND the right words to comfort my sweet sister in Christ but I was secretly finding any of God's words about injustice and how the wicked are punished as well.

However, the Holy Spirit reminded me of our  Easter drama  yesterday at Church - and the story of Jesus and how at one point, when I was in prayer for another, the line in the performance was "you have not because you have asked not"...and I knew Jesus was speaking to me.  God was speaking to my head and heart but the actor of Jesus was literally LOOKING directly at me as well when he said this line and it pierced my heart.  -- God's word does not return empty.
 I knew God was speaking to me.   So today, when I met a few of my peers for our  morning prayer circle, I stated WHAT I wanted and God answered.  HE does that - HE speaks when we ask and when we LISTEN.  

 So, as I said,  God spoke and the Holy Spirit drew me back to the 'Sticks and Stones' post and I got a WORD  direct from God for my pal...and for me...

I will repost HIS Word:  

It is from the Living Bible: Habakkuk 2.3


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!

 So...I won't ask GOD to hurry UP...I know He is at work. 
I won't tell my sweet sister in Christ to give up - HIS Word said - "nothing will be overdue by one day."  
I will continue to pray and believe in marriage and  for the marriage that the enemy is trying his best to destroy.    This one marriage is NOT the only one being attacked.  I can stop right now and think of several other families that grace our prayer list when my husband and I pray.

I will pray for the husband who seems to  continue to run back to sin.  
And I will believe that God is big enough to totally change this situation.  God is at work....the restoration can come...it will come.  Even when a person has free will -- the prayers of a wife are heard boldly at the throne of God and honored.  God is faithful.  

The miracle could be JUST right around the corner!  






Lord - may anyone reading this - be reminded -- "if it seems slow - do not despair"...the vision will be fulfilled.  Lord, You have given us all the patience we need - help us to WALK in that gift.  I needed this refreshing today  as well...I love you Lord and I praise what you have done, what you are doing, and what will come - In Jesus name, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!