Monday, March 28, 2016

Praying for Marriages within the body of Christ Day #1



Marriage is hard.

Marriage is one way God teaches us to be self-less -- but WHAT happens when it seems, that YOU alone seem to be fighting for the marriage ALL by yourself?

WHAT happens when, "he" or "she" does not care about Jesus or has a very GREASY GRACE attitude towards what is allowable and what is "OK" within a marriage......? 

What happens when one is ready to quit.... cause she is TIRED? 


Lord, I come to you as a humble servant and I seek YOUR guidance and provision to accomplish this 40 days of prayers  These are not the prayers I did before, recycled and updated...THESE are new...  fresh.. alive... and current.     These prayers are not intended for one or a few couples...but these prayers are coming from my head and heart because of what I am seeing around me.   

First of all -- I want to assure You Lord, this is not about my husband -- though he is not perfect and I pray for him to continue to grow in the knowledge of You and I pray he is protected from all evil....but this beginning,  these fresh 40 days of prayer,  this prayer tonight is with one person in mind...    maybe her husband has just given up and wants to die...maybe her soon to be ex is sitting in jail... maybe her husband choose to visit a strip club this evening instead of coming home....maybe her husband just told her she was too fat and undesirable...maybe her man told her - that he has NEVER loved her...maybe he just is not longer present in the marriage......

...pretty extreme circumstances ...and yet - the bottom line... THEY have been rejected...   So Lord, I pray that each of these wives -- would stop right now and pray to you -- and ask You to reveal to each of them...WHAT YOU want them to do - 

I bet it is to show grace and mercy  to their men...but  it maybe to wait a little longer...or it may be that You are comforting them and showing them that, they  must release the burden to YOU. 

   Lord, YOUR body is being attacked.  What YOU called a marriage to be, being one in YOU,  - is being attacked.   Yes, by the world, no doubt,  but unfortunately -- it is being attacked from within.     Right from within even the "christian households". 

 Lord, I pray for the wives that are trying to HOLD onto their marriages because YOU have not released them.  

  Lord, I pray for the wives that have done everything they could possible do - physically and mentally to be and do what their husband sees as a 'good wife' and yet -- it still seems that it is not good enough.  

    Lord I pray for the wives that sit at home, take care of all the kids, meet all the bills, and still smile while their men have been out  -- and they have NOT been to a prayer meeting!    

ENOUGH.      Lord, I want to SMACK a few -- LORD,  forgive me, as I am not their Holy Spirit, nor am I   you...YOU are fighting for each of those women and you   still  love  those men that are completely deceived.   Satan is the one -- responsible...right?   Lord, I bind him away from each and everyone's marriage  that reads this -- but I also pray and ask...  how many of these marriages are in a sin pattern or crisis, not because of Satan,  but because of their own poor choices??  You know Lord...  comfort the women that are holding onto the edge of your garment.  

Lord, today I will pray about our hearts.  Lord, I pray that  my heart does not become hard.  I pray my husband's heart does not become hard -- Lord, that we both SEEK you with every ounce of our being and that we SEEK the other as our 2nd love. 

 

Lord, for these women that are hurting -- comfort them.  I pray their hearts do not become hard.  Lord, I pray they won't believe the lie that you have forgotten them. 

 Lord, I pray that YOU are our first love.  Lord,  I ask that You reveal our hearts to us - show us what can trigger the enemy to come at us.  

God, you placed the stars -- You know exactly how many hairs are  on his head - on my head...Lord, you know exactly HOW this will play out -- God I pray right now that the one reading this, will believe that the hard heart can be healed...that the hard heart can feel LOVE like never before...that the hard heart won't be tempted to find solace in another. 

 

Lord, because these men are SEEKING something that ONLY YOU can give... these men are seeking something that will numb their pain -- instead of allowing You to cover their sin.  

 

Lord, I pray for each of those men, could they  see WHAT they have at home and realize....she is to be treasured and she is a part of them...as in marriage, we are each others half!!?? 

God I pray that the lonely heart would open up to YOU this eve, that he or she will pour  their loneliness to YOU and that they will allow you to fill it and then tomorrow, they will do the same and let it fill them tomorrow even more while they wait on You Lord. 

 Show them, teach them, or speak to them as to WHAT you want them to respond or do with their men...  Do they wait more?   Do they leave?   Do they ask him to leave?   How can this cycle of defeat begin to change?    I still believe You don't release our spouses but, I do believe that what we have to do in obedience to You -- may be very hard...may seem crazy... but also...You will provide the answers. 

 

Lord, for the wife - trusting you.  Lord, I pray that all of us would check our hearts - are you first?  

Lord, I believe you  can heal and restore  the ones reading this as they are thinking... IS SHE SPEAKING about me?   Lord, take these prayers and USE them to reach those wives that need hope and perhaps those men that need a eye opened!!    Lord, may she wait...just one more day...to seek professional help....or to just wait on filing for that divorce paper-- OH God - for the couples  around me, the ones within the body of believers that I worship with...and for the couples that read this and it becomes real to them.... 

 

Or Lord, if she must change the locks to have peace and safety within her home, provide the comfort to know she is in Your will.....  

   But again, God I pray the person, the wife or the  husband  reading this will dream this eve and meet you -- and believe when they awake that YOU can turn this around - In Jesus name, amen ! 


1 Peter 4.8
Above all, love each other deeply, because Love covers over a multitude of sins.

Psalm 119: 111-112
Your laws are my treasure: they are my heart's delight.  I am determined to keep your degrees to the very end.

Today can be the beginning of a new direction..a new life for your marriage -- God CAN heal and restore what the locusts have taken -- even after MANY years!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!