Friday, January 13, 2012

Day #30 - TGIF

OH Lord,     UP is such a beautiful movie.  It has a great story of a man who is just trying hard to get over the loss of his wife and the dreams they shared and this little boy comes into his life and turns everything around.  And then he goes -- up --.  This movie makes me laugh, cry, and think.  Lord, how you use the arts to teach us so many illustrations of how much you Love us. 

Lord, today many people are making plans for the weekend, the work week has ended...
Lord, today many are celebrating this or that....
Lord, today many are looking forward to sleeping in....and Lord, many are also hurting. 

Lord, I pray for those right now, who don't think TGIF is a good thing.  Lord, when we remember that this life is tempory it is perhaps easier to deal with stuff....but when people are hurting and in the middle of pain it does not seem like the problem will be temporary. 

Lord, this prayer is for my secret sister.  There is pain in her life right now, hurting, and worry but perhaps tonight, she will  really allow your loving arms to envelope her and she will have a big smile and know that TGIF really means Thank God it's Forever - covered by YOU....amen. 

I heard this mentioned - 'I know God wins, I read the end of the book'.  However, I know that when something is really hurting...our own human flesh seems to tell us that YOU may lose.  Now saying that, praying that, and typing it out now seems rather silly, but I remember.  I remember thinking and feeling that YOU may lose - as that is all I could see.  Thank you Lord for using people around me to remind me to be encouraged .  Thank you for Proverbs 31.25 that says, she is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.  Lord, thank you for Beth Moore's quote saying:  God  you never allow or appoint a fire unless YOU can bring beauty of the the ashes.   And Lord, thank you for reminding me what it says in Eph 4.24...put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. 

Lord, I praise you, I know that you are healing and changing the heart and mind of my sweet secret sister.  Lord, I praise you and love you and thank you for reminding me that it is Friday ....and thank YOU Lord that 'Sunday' is coming.  Lord, thank you for answered prayer. 
Lord, as I close, I hold my sweet sister before you, you know exactly what transpired in her life this week and what will happen this weekend, may she gain true victory and true freedom.  May she see you in a way she has never really seen you before.  And Lord, I know you are working in her life, I saw the smile on her face today...it was a big smile.  Thank you Lord.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!