Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wednesday, Prayer #28 ..the DOT...

Department of Transportation or Decide, opposition, and train...
  Hello -- today is Day 27....of 40 days of prayer that I  started for one particular beautiful woman that God brought to me and HE made it very clear to me that I was to spend the next 40 days in prayer for her and to encourage her.  
I am posting this on Tuesday..for Wednesday -- tomorrow or Wednesday, is Day #28!  Wow.

I posted a blog or entry called the SANDY factor..that sort of explains why I am doing this as well.  At a very special time, God used total strangers  and dear old and new friends,  and one particular women to speak to me.

 She was a stranger.  The Secret Sister I am praying for is somewhat of a stranger.  I have known her for many years but I don't routinely call her to chat, nor do we spend time together...I would consider her very special though and I love her in Christ with a special love..that only God could of orchestrated.

But God has clearly made it possible for me to pray for her and encourage her so each day, as I remember her in prayer, I also try and post a prayer or something that God is teaching or reminding me of.

I want to preface this....I am NOT perfect and I am humbled that I am able to do this...but I also believe that these prayers that I post are not only for my Secret Sister..they are for me...they act as therapy a bit for me...they keep me focused as I said in an earlier post..in the middle of the pea patch and  I also believe these prayers can benefit anyone else looking for encouragement.  One of the things I found when I felt very hopeless was that God used Face book and many different blogs and posts to encourage me and show me HOW much HE loved me.  And I posted scripture and stuff..which I thought would be uplifting as well...and I was blessed when someone would tell me - thanks michelle, I needed that!    The Enemy did not like this..but who cares, I hate him anyway!

Ok - I digressed...or just updated a few who read this...my photo is of the back of Brendan's helmet...it is what I saw mostly on my first Harley ride...the back of his head.  I kept looking at that sticker.  It stands for the fact that his helmet is DOT approved -- Department of Transportation...God helped me think of something else...

Decide.....opposition...and then train......


Decide -- Prov. 3: 5-6...Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.  


Opposition --  John 8.44 says Satan is a liar and the father of all lies....


Train--Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of yourmind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


No matter what the circumstance.   we make choices and decisions...  there will always be opposition and then to continue...we have to train ourselves into new habits or patterns and we have to train our minds to focus on the present and not the past....

My past is my past.  I am no saint and a GINORMOUS  sinner, I am.  People may look at others and think they are 'worse' than I, but God does not level sin.  The scripture is -- we have all sinned  and come short..  I DO not want anyone to bring my past up to me...and it is my past, my choices and my sin.  I am not any better than this or that person, and as a sinner - I knew, I know, I could never throw the first stone.  And with that revelation, it becomes much easier to forgive...well, it becomes easy to choose to forgive because  it is commanded.  It is a hard task, and it takes time, sometimes it is a daily thing..but, I know that I am forgiven and I am most grateful and humbled by that ..so I want to extend that to the people around me.  That is easier when I train myself....to live with Christ right there..with God in the center of my pea patch...and with the knowledge that I am a new creation.




I think every time I see a DOT sticker --   I will remember my first real ride on the back of Brendan's Harley ....I was in heaven, having great fun, but it was one of the windiest...days and when I tried to turn my head to the left or right, the opposition was SO great...keeping my head, directly behind his, under the protection of his body...I felt safe.  How cool of God to give me that illustration...HOW cool of God...HE is so cool....anyway.

Now to my prayer for my Secret sister...Lord,  tomorrow is Day #28....I will be praying tomorrow, but here is the posted prayer for her -- Lord, I pray that her decisions are for you..for her healing. Lord, I pray that she will have little or NO opposition and I bind the enemy and send it away from her and Lord, I pray that she will seek you with all of her might and rely on you and refocus. Lord, I know you are going to do a healing in her life...her family....her thoughts and she is going to experience you in a whole new way.  Lord, I want her to be able to say..."thank You ..for that woman who would not give up and encouraged me"  and Lord, that she will one day, encourage another because her faith is stronger because someone told her she could be healed, she prayed and believed and waited on you. Lord, only YOU can do that.  THAT would be a great miracle to me..for me...for her.  However, I know that I know, YOU have plans that are even better than what my mind can fathom...and for that, I can't wait.  Lord, a year ago, it looked pretty bleak in my life, it looked like there were going to be major changes and new consequences to learn to live with but I was ready  and prepared because of YOUR word and your people who prayed for me to trust you...and yet, you did a great and glorious work and totally changed what I 'thought'....YOU are so cool Lord,  I pray that my Secret Sister can experience this too.   I know she can as YOU put the stars in heaven and named them all..YOU can do this. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!