Saturday, October 7, 2017

Prayer #28 - For a Sister in Christ in Crisis -- God will break open the skies.

Lord, as I rode into work today the sunrise was so spectacular and it opened my eyes.  And Lord, I saw a similar sky as I drove home...in the beginning of the sunset.

  Lord, YOU  blessed a song, "HE'll break open the skies....and save those that cry out HIS  name".  I thought of that, over and over and sang that song in my head today....YOU do break open the skies....YOUR word says that YOU don't want anyone to perish......I am just amazed that YOU love us that much. 

 I remember back  - seven years ago  when I had a vision of you, on that horse and you bent down and scooped me up...and placed me on the horse in front of you.  That scooping motion was so real. I could see and and feel it. And then, YOU gave me another vision of that BRIGHT yellow light - YOUR light.  I remember it being so clear and yet so bright that I wanted to look away but I didn't.  And it only lasted a few seconds, but there was such a peace and warmth with it.

 Then later in that  summer, when I listened to and read the story about Todd Burpo's son...it just all came together and I really believed that I had been privileged enough to experience that yellow - YOUR light and then  that warmth.  It is a vision and a feeling that I will never forget.  I don't share that with too many as some may not believe it is true - but I do.  I used to think all that sort of stuff was just 'freakish' but now, YOU power and how you work is such a mystery and YOU make real things happen.  I see you Lord, as the warrior on the horse, coming in to rescue me.  


Lord, today  the women that are on my prayer list need miracles, but mostly - they just need to be reminded that YOU have not forgotten them.  But today, I am adding another one to my list.  I have prayed for her often and  in different circumstances but today, there was a prayer request -- it is a hard one.  Lord, her son may see you and Jesus this evening or maybe tomorrow -- I don't have words.  I have tears...and PRAY that Your divine intervention would create a miracle to stop his present medical condition which is causing hospice to be called in.   But I trust you and his mom trusts you too -- be ever present in her head and heart today and her husband's.  IN Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!