Monday, October 2, 2017

Prayers for a Sister in Crisis in Christ - #26 -- It is all relative.

This may be a very short blog -- very "unnatural" for me.  However as many of us awoke today, the news of a mass shooting grabbed our attention and was in our thoughts all day.
As I went to school, I prayed for the families...the moms who knew their child was there and the fear and wonder for so many.  Then as word set in there were 20+ that died and by 6:45 am- 50+ died.

I believe this evening -- the count is 59.....   sad.  Evil.  We are living in times of great glory and great gore.  Much elation and much pure despair.

Today as I spoke to God about many on my prayer list and as I prayed -- I couldn't help but think -- there but for the grace of God go I.

So today, it is a simple prayer --


Lord, our hurts are many but tonight, we put our requests aside and seek prayers and lift all the families touches by the events in Los Vegas.  
Lord, may justice be served, may answers be found out, and may peace come to those that are struggling with the images and the after affects.  Lord, Only YOU can comfort the comfortless and only YOU can hold a mother as she grieves or a wife as she grieves.  Lord, may Your goodness come forth in this and may others see the Goodness of You in those that first responded.   

IN Jesus name, amen.  



 This prayer was placed on FB this evening and it is being shared -- I think it was a good prayer as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!