Monday, October 16, 2017

Prayer #38 - For a Sister in Christ in Crisis -- our LIkeness ----

Psalm 139:14New International Version (NIV)

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

Today has been fearfully and wonderfully made  day.  My house was full of people.  Literally.  My daughter was honored with family and friends showering her with love, encouragement, and gifts.  And I had several moments where the only person my Grandkid wanted was me -- ignoring her Mommee.  (That may seem like no big deal, but this kid- Ava Lynne-  has me wrecked at times. )
 Finally -- the morning ended with prayer -- prayer over my daughter and her child.  Prayers over her  family and  the extended family that will help raise and support this child- Sawyer.   Prayers said by Sawyer's grandmothers, prayers said by those Taylor has touched, prayers said by  friends and colleagues--prayers by strong women in Christ.   Women who know their identity.  This young baby has been conceived through prayer and bathed in prayer since conception and now as she continues to grow within Taylor's belly a prayer brigade will continue.  


I don't share all that to boast or try to make anyone feel shame...I am humbled by the love and support I saw for my child and family that it has me wrecked as I think of it.   That our Lord orchestrated that for her ...for me... And when I say "wrecked" -- I am just in a very sweet place with Jesus and Father God that words don't fit and actions or thank yous are just not enough. 

GOD has that for YOU as well.  God has an army of warriors that are  will to go to battle for you -- just submit and ask.  God has an army of warriors that are going to battle for you if you have claimed that Jesus is your Lord and Savior.  And I pray - that YOU will have an opportunity to realize this - thank God for is -- or seek it -- today. 

She is fearfully and wonderfully made!    That baby is fearfully and wonderfully made. 

I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 

 YOU -- The one,  on the other side of this computer or phone that is reading this,  IS fearfully and wonderfully made.  

Warts and all -- literally.  
One of the hardest lessons I learned is that I am enough.  
Who I am in Christ dictates HOW I act to hardship. 
 It dictates HOW I react to others. 
 It dictates HOW I see others and HOW I treat others as well.  
It dictates!   


Do you read this verse and accept it as truth?    Do you know what God has commissioned over you?


Psalm 139:14New International Version (NIV)

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.


God knows you -- fully well.  
  
This is a photo of my niece Ellie Jo.  She has the most adorable strawberry blond hair and she is all of 4 years old. 

My sister brought her three girls to help celebrate Taylor's special weekend  and we had a baby shower for her family here.  My family is so important to me and being 1400 miles away, I would always try to incorporate Wisconsin and my 8 siblings into Taylor and Hunter's lives as much as I can.  However, truthfully, her Florida adopted Aunts and Uncles are just as much family too!   Having Ellie and her two sisters here has brought forth many laughs and tears too -- but we ended up looking at old photos.  Ellie reminds me of my mom's childhood photos.  I don't have many but when I found this one - I wanted to get a side by side to show Ellie, she did have some likeness to her Grandma Sandy -- my mom.  She was a bit reluctant to cooperate -- that would be the stubbornness she gets honestly from her Grandpa Jim -- and the Peiricks -- but, she certainly favors her Grandma Sandy in this photo.     She just does not want her photo taken!                                                                                                      
  You will notice that once I snapped the photo her head turned.   Isn't that true of us?    When someone gives us a compliment or tells us that we remind them of someone -- we shy away...we turn our heads.  Many times we can't accept the compliment and then other times we really don't want to "look like that person". (Ellie just did not want her picture taken.)

I immediately knew -- I could use these two photos in a blog.  I remember being told "you look like your dad" and I would go-- "REALLY?"  No matter what age you are at -- most of us question  the comments or observations made about our personal appearance or even our temperament.    To this day, if my sister begins to tease me and remind me that I am the "spitting image" of one of my Paternal Aunts -- I sort of cringe!  Where is the plastic surgeon?  Can I get a face lift?  LoL 

But we are fearfully and wonderfully made. 
 Perfect in His eyes.   So we are created to appear like him.  I believe our physical bodies   - when we get to heaven -- will resemble our Lord and His angels.  And as we are created in His image -- there is no mistakes. 


   However,   Do we reflect the image of God?   Do we act with his likeness? 
         Do we reflect the knowledge of WHOM we are in Christ?  
        Do we accept that we are not perfect -- warts and all?
Do we know who makes us complete?  




Dear Lord, for the one reading this today-- May she know WHO she is in Christ and if she does not -- may she have the hunger and drive to DIG into your word and read Psalm 139 and find out.  Or may she google Joyce Meyers and find that list of WHO we are in Christ and then POST it on her mirror and begin to transform her thoughts to line up with WHAT Your Word says about her.  You Lord, created her --You Lord know HOW she thinks -- and You know the present circumstances.  As we are at the end of these 40 days of prayer-- where I believe and trust you  have this precious sister  is right in Your hands and she is stronger now today than she was 40 days ago.  I also pray and believe that You will meet her every need and thought -- and help her to transform her thoughts so that she can see YOUR LIKENESS  in her and in her actions.  IN Jesus name.  Amen.  

And PS -- we pray that the husband that is estranged right now and away from God - find a mentor - a man who is in the image and likeness of You  Lord and that he may want to be like  Christ.  IN Jesus name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!