Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Prayer #27 - Prayers for a Sister in Christ - in Crisis - The Gate is Narrow.

A Warning

21 Not everyone who calls me their Lord will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only the ones who obey my Father in heaven will get in. 22 On the day of judgment many will call me their Lord. They will say, “We preached in your name, and in your name we forced out demons and worked many miracles.” 23 But I will tell them, “I will have nothing to do with you! Get out of my sight, you evil people!”

 That scripture is from Matthew - chapter 7.  Chapter seven has that famous passage about Judging others but it is also filled with other treasures and wisdom from God through Jesus. 

Today, I watched and watched again  a message by Pastor Robert Morris about our Spiritual Birth.  Not to get technical or debate a bunch on this blog but it really HIT me and made me rethink several points, views I treasure, and it made me search the scripture to see WHAT I believe in and HOW that stands up with God's Word. 
 
 But anyway....  the scripture above is what I want to  comment on -- 

The words "But I will tell them, "I will have nothing to do with you!  Get out of my sight, you evil people".  In the NIV version it says, "I never knew you".  

"I never knew you".  

Jesus isn't speaking to those that walked an aisle and loved and served God and then walked away  -- but what if He is?  Maybe He never knew you.  

I don't feel Jesus was speaking to those  who grew up in the church and knew they have Loved Him since they were a child --- but what if He is?   Maybe He never knew you. 

 God's Word states he is speaking to THOSE who have CALLED Him Lord -- that is many of us.  And yet, He says -- 

I never knew you.     And as you read the rest of that chapter, Jesus speaks about the narrow Gate -- to enter heaven-- and clearly shows us through scripture that MORE will be in hell than heaven.  The gate is wider for those going astray than those with eternal life.  

That struck me.  Even the one will say, " but Lord, I did this in your name and that in your name...."   And Jesus still says, "depart - I never knew you".  

Heaven has an entrance exam.  It is JOhn 3

 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]
“How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]
“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

There is birth with flesh -- being born from a womb from our mother and there must be a spiritual birth.  

Satan believes in God and knows Jesus  is King of Kings but Satan is not going to heaven.  
He would not submit.  

The verse speaks about THOSE that did wonders for the Kingdom and yet...Jesus said, "depart, I never knew you".   Doesn't that make you think? 

So, if Jesus can say "depart" to those that were serving and doing their best and being in church and so forth....what do you expect Him to those that have never served Him, never sought Him or never submitted to Him? ?????

It is popular to say God is love.  God is the action word love.   God is just.  God is the creator and God is God.  

To think that we can "dumb" God down so that He will 'accept me' .... or cause I don't believe I am evil compared to others....  that is just me trying to FIGURE stuff out.  When in reality -- we HAVE the Word to rely on and seek for answers.  

It clearly says -- there must be a spiritual birth.  Period.   

I questioned my own spiritual birth after watching this message.  And I knew when I totally submitted to Christ -- 

A baby grows in a womb before it is born.  It develops.  No baby is born 10 hours after conception -- as I said, he or she has to develop.  While that baby develops there is much growth.  

I truly believe that if you had watched me from age 20-38 -- you would of seen a developing baby.  I did a lot in the name of Jesus.  I prayed with others, I lead bible studies ...but it wasn't until I was about 38 when I began to submit....to Jesus.  I began to see His Word in a whole new way.  So, that is when Christ moved in and I began to change.  It was a slow process and I believe the Lord knew exactly when to 'turn up the heat' as His Kingdom Calendar was in place -- but I wonder how many other people are perhaps still in that womb ..... and have not had that spiritual birth that Jesus speaks about in John3.  



Lord, this blog is for a sister in Crisis and yet, this eve -- I just have  shared my heart about spiritual birth or being born again.  I believe that there are many around me that maybe need to reexamine and determine if they know that they know -- there has been a spiritual birth and a total submitting to You - but only she can answer that with You.  

So tonight -- as with anyone that is reading this, I pray they will seek this scripture our and deal with You this evening God and know that they know.  I pray they will not be one of those You refer to in vs. 23.  IN Jesus name, AMEN  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!