Monday, October 16, 2017

Prayer #39 -- For a Sister in Christ in Crisis - Putting Your Armor ON!

 Today is Day #39!  Or Prayer #39.  As it is also the Lord's Day and the first day of the week -- I am reminded of an important task or way to begin each day-- by getting ready -- putting the armor on! 

 This weekend I have the pleasure of having and enjoying my youngest sister and her three 'gingers'.  They all have different shades of red hair.  And as they awake and need food in their bodies -- Auntie Chell begins to make Mickey Mouse pancakes and the banter and chatter begins about what we will do for the day.  The beach is on the list for today but first-- breakfast,  the changing of poopy pants, and then a silly song to get teeth brushed.   By the time my nieces leave they will have Raffi's "brush your teeth" playing over and over in their own personal playlist in their heads.  

 

"When I wake up in the morning and its quarter to one, and I just want to go have some fun,  I brush my teeth --- chitch chitch chitch cha.....  chitch chitch chitch cha cha cha"   

 Can you hear it?   

 "When I wake up in the morning and its time to rise Up -- I  just can't wait to pray my armor on"......

 

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  

This battle truly has been fought in the heaven-lies -- and it will continue until complete victory is met -- are you willing to continue?  
You must continue to fight for your husband or family in prayer and it may not be easier after you put your armor on;  but when you realize the battle is not against flesh and blood -- perspective comes!   

13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,  
YOU battle with God's Word -- His Truth!  Read it - love it - seek its answers. 
15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  
 You may need to change those shoes each day or write yourself a note to make sure you don't take those shoes off -- but understand that faith will speak LOUDER than your words and allowing God to discipline the one hurting you, allowing God to orchestrate the timing is indeed what is best. 
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. 
 If you read these blogs and have read this series, you know how praying in my prayer language  is needed something that gives me comfort and strength each day.  Many people, when speaking about the armor of God stop at verse 17 and yet verse 18 says to pray in the Spirit -- this, I believe is very key! 
With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it
fearlessly, as I should.


This scripture from Ephesians -- is a treasure.   Praying our Armor on each day - is so vital and needed.   As I wrap up these 40 days of prayers, I feel it is most fitting to make sure that one has their armor on.  

Lord,  as I pray this eve - I pray the one reading this knows and understands how important the armor - YOUR armor is and that it is prayed on.  Lord, I pray she would stand firm as this season continues or even begins to change -- and that she is comforted and favored in Your eyes.  IN Jesus name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!