Sunday, October 1, 2017

#24 Prayers for a Sister in Christ in Crisis - Accomplishment through difficulty!

Inspired by  Jesus Calling  -     

"When you are plagued by a persistent problem - one that goes on and one - view it as a rich opportunity... like a tutor who is always by your side. Ask Me to open your eyes and your heart to all that I am accomplishing through this difficulty."    ( December 18th devo)

I go to the gym, I used to have a personal trainer to maximize my effort.  As long as I am teachable and consistent  -- my health should benefit.   Now that I no longer pay her to work out, I must be disciplined enough to continue what we have started.  When I fail to be consistent -- my muscles quickly remind me that they CRAVE this consistency and I ignored something -- 

 
The same is true for us spiritually. 


2 Corinthians 4:17--- tells us that we are in an ongoing workout where the troubles of today are producing an "eternal weight of glory." 

Every trial, affliction or trouble we shoulder today can actively build eternal muscle for us in eternity!

In faith, I must thank God for the problem.  And, being consistent in going to HIS Word for everything is a must.  When I don't -- my body CRAVES....my head and thoughts CRAVE a more closeness to HIM that can only come with some quality time with Him.  

Last night, one of my Pastor's reminded me that God's love language expressed to me is quality time....  HE wants my time.  

 
The "eternal weight of glory" we will one day achieve comes through a commitment to be spiritually fit and faithful in the demands and disciplines of daily life. Being "grateful for a problem" changes us.

 Spending the time needed helps build my faith, and the problems become 'nothing'.  I see it through different eyes.  


Isaiah 30: 20-21 says Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more: with your own eyes you will see them.  Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you , saying, "this is the way: walk in it".


This  photo is, one of the last times I saw my grandmother -- I was 48 then.  Almost four years ago.    She went to heaven back on New Year's Eve in 2014.  

She made the best meals and bologna sandwiches that I would crave.  Her cookies, her drumsticks in the freezer, even her homemade applesauce -- all items and memories that I would crave as a kid and now --  reminisce those  memories and think that in heaven, there will be more --


I reminded myself of her today.   This past weekend I had some awesome memories created.  I set out to create those memories.   Or I tried to create memories for my grand-daughter.  We are beginning a few traditions with her and it is a riot that she remembers and "SEEKS" those rituals.  

For example, one of them is the "birthday song".  Taylor's Grandpa  ( Lowell) would do it with them as a kid and now, my husband continues the tradition with Ava Lynne.  It is just a silly song to sing but the child is on his knees and then he 'drops' her at a surprised moment.  

 I thought about that and prayed that she would CRAVE some of my traditions, my thoughts, and my company and I prayed she would CRAVE Jesus too.  I am  so humbled that God has allowed me this time and this opportunity.  








Right now there are some women craving a better thing or relationship, or just some closure -- but within this adversity -- but praise God that we know -- God says.."walk this way".  

It is training us for eternity -- don't give up.  


Lord, for the one reading this -- may she understand --- the rewards will come in eternity.  I pray she continues as her tutor is at her side -- YOU Lord... IN Jesus name.  Amen. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!