Monday, October 19, 2015

...the bottom line -- Desperate Prayers #11

Ephesians 6 - Msg bible

And that about wraps it up. God is strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well -made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way.  this is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours.  This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.  Vs.  10-12




I was reminded today  and through a movie I watched on Friday --

...if...then.... 

If my marriage does not turn around -- will I still  CALL upon God to be my Lord?
If my child is taken from me this evening....will I still CALL upon the Lord and believe HE is good?
If my cancer is not healed on THIS side of heaven...will I still believe the Lord is on my side?
If my boyfriend did father a child while we were on a break...will I still TRUST that God wants me to forgive and eventually marry this man?
If my job is taken from me and I end up having to move home...will I still believe GOD has great plans for me?
  

Big tough questions --

Habakkuk 3  NLT   vs. 17-19

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren:  even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD!  I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!  The Sovereign LORD is my strength!  He makes me as surefootted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.  

 Everyone is at a different point in their walk with God.  
Some don't even realize that the 'walk' they are walking is NOT of HIS....   

Does it take 30+ years to really get it?  I don't think so.  

No matter what -- the bottom line is -- WHAT Jesus did on that Cross - !!! 

When I stop and think about WHAT Jesus did and how my sin put Him there --   it can bring me to tears, it can bring me HOPE and it is what I 'see' when I want to get close to HIM.  Then I picture the vision I got when I went to my Encounter weekend ....or I look into the photos of my family and stop and count my blessings....

But no matter what -- it has to be Jesus and ONLY Jesus...   
We don't make business transactions with God.  

God ...if you do this..I will......    that is on TV so often -- 
 God is sovereign -- and even if a string of bad  events  and man's free will messes up our plans....  GOD will win.   


Lord, tonight - ONE just needs to see you at the Cross and remind himself or herself...  about WHAT you did and in spite of the circumstances....they will praise You.  IN Jesus Name.  
Lord, there is a family this eve that just heard their son, brother, and cousin just went to heaven - so quickly and so young.... Lord, ONLY You understand how they really feel - comfort. 
Lord, I pray the one reading this is  desperate enough to realize ...perhaps their  PRIDE is standing in the way.   Perhaps, they have closed their ears to what God really wants - not what 'appears' to be His will. 

Lord, empty me of me...fill me with YOU -- I don't claim to know it all -- I claim to KNOW You ...speak to me - show me, cleanse
me and heal me in every area -- amen. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!