Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Desperate Prayer #13 - Compassion. Proverbs 28

Lord, it is simple - I need more compassion for the lost.  I have to remember that YOU are the one that saves and it is not 'up to' me. 

Lord, I need a very real reminder -- that no matter what --- I can trust You.  Actually Lord, I KNOW I can trust you..... I just needed to remind myself that some stuff...takes...time.  YOUR time. 

So in the mean time, I  will have God time. 

Lord, Proverbs 28. 10 says that He who leads the upright along an evil path will fall into his own trap.  God, thank you -- as that is a promise...that Satan will fall. 

Lord, I pray that I never lead one down that path....as the women you bring to me to pray with and meet with...as the couples that Bren and I meet with and pray with ....Oh Lord, cover us  - that we NEVER lead them down the wrong path.  May each and every word be judged against YOUR Word. 

Lord, it says that he who is blameless will receive a good inheritance.  Lord, for the women leaders and men leaders in our church family...in other church families.. may they walk in that 'blamelessness' and receive that good inheritance. 

Lord, Proverbs 28. 12 says that he who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy -- OH LORD...show mercy on Me... and the ones I love. 

Lord, it also says in Proverbs 28.9 that if anyone turns a deaf ear to the law, even his prayers are detestable....  

God I take comfort in knowing that You will not answer the prayers of those who disobey You and reject Your Word.  Lord, that our prayers would be effective ...but that is only if we lived by Your standards.  Lord, I pray that those around me who live with a part of the world's standards and 'what they believe they deserve'.... are not mistaken for too much long...OPEN their eyes...may they see that HIS grace is sufficient.... but Lord, when we harden our hearts and purposefully disobey... 

Help....  Lord, prayer without a love for YOUR Word is a false plea.... or a declaration or insult to You.. 

Lord, Proverbs 28.23 says that he who rebukes a man will in the end gain more favor than he who has a flattering tongue.....  Lord, that I would always speak truth..and not sugar coat it so it makes another 'feel' better..... God, I pray that as I speak THAT truth...I have the compassion...that is needed as if I don't speak with Love... what have I gained...nothing...

Lord, I need compassion - more please... more compassion for those I want to smack upside their heads... Lord, I need compassion ...help me do as my mom taught me...if I have nothing NICE to say ...to say nothing at all.  

Lord, help me to not be prideful in my private thoughts about others whom I feel ... are missing the mark.  Lord, again - I need compassion for them.  

Lord, why it is so much easier to extend grace to total strangers and yet..not those I love the most so close?   Lord...  I need some examples in your scriptures... I need to get this figured out ...I need to extend MORE of your grace... forgive me Lord.  

Lord, in Proverbs 28.26 reminds me that if I trust in myself...I am a fool...Lord, that I trust ONLY in Your Word... 

Lord thank you...Lord for the couples that Bren and I prayed for and with today -- for the women that I cried with today,  loved on today ... and prayed with today... Lord - cover them... cover my weakness and for my special one... the one that is HEAVY on my heart.... orchestate our next meeting..orchestrate our conversation and open her eyes...  as I know and believe YOUR Word will not return void.

IN Jesus name...amen.  

This is my niece, she was in the ER tonight -- I texted a prayer and at the end, I wrote IN Jesus name but the auto spell wrote, IN Jesus' navel....we laughed and laughed and I know HE laughed too.  Modern technology - being able to text a prayer and a share a photo across 1400 miles. 

And... I just HAD to share this photo -- October is almost over -- and the awareness for Breast Cancer has been shared and many a pink was worn, but a few years ago, I found this on a T-shirt and it makes me smile all the time.  I believe that God gave us the cures for many cancers and such ...but the doctors and research people that were to discover those ideas were aborted -- however, I also believe in a mighty God that HE will always...heal... here or in heaven.  Cancer does suck and I don't wish it on anyone and I pray that no one near me - had to deal with it ever... amen.  In Jesus' navel... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!