Thursday, December 12, 2013

God wins. I won.

When Brendan and I took Taylor to UF four years ago, we went to the Parent Orientation.  We had to stay overnight.  The two nights before that, we had 'agreed' that he was going to leave.  He told the kids he no longer loved me.  That was June of 2009.  He left that next day, there were many tears and just TOTAL frustration on my part.  I was SO angry.  However, it was what it was.  I did not know what had been going on.  I only knew one thing - we were both so miserable.  He came back that next day and 'decided' that we should just forget the past and move forward.  We set down a few rules.  By this point - I was seeing a counselor.  He wouldn't -- but I was knee deep in seeking God by this point.  It was hell.  But...we smiled and took her to UF that day - June 20, 2009.  We were planning on getting two rooms to spend the night, but decided to stay in one - just double beds.  I walked around that campus so anxious for my girl and so hurt and miserable.  BUT.....

Much happened in the REST of 2009 and 2010..and 2011...and so forth - but...

I say all that -- cause ...GOD won.   I don't say all that to make you think that I go over and over the hurt - I don't -- but TODAY was one of those 360 moments - when God has allowed me to see a part of the full circle.   Today was her 'last' day of college.

Today, as Taylor walked across the stage, my husband and I were holding hands, laughing and OH so proud -- knowing that God wins.  It has been hard but WORTH it.   Knowing that God is  a God of 2nd chances and that GOD can bring back ANYTHING from the dead ...even a dead 'love'.  My husband and I are new people in HIM - but still very much the same in some respects.

 I am SO excited for Taylor - SO proud of God.  Thankful....

I am not posting this link  on Facebook.  It is rather personal and I don't mean to bring up the 'yuck'.  But one of the tools I used when we were in the battle - was I FOUND story after story of redemption......and story after story on line about how GOD heals and how God won out...and how this person changed...and it brought me HOPE.

So,   if you are reading it -- please note -- GOD still does miracles!  Amen!

I am so excited -- we did good -- GOD did it...she was raised in a home with a LOT Of prayer ... and there was discipline, bribery, candy, Vera Bradley, and spankings...but there was love.  And prayer...

Congrats to YOU Lord -- YOUR mercy and grace did it all...











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!