Monday, September 8, 2014

Expecting #34 - Staying HOPEFUL!


A favorite  Jesus Calling Devotional ...states this:

Beloved, this is the day that the Lord has made...As you rejoice in this day of life, it will yield up to you precious gifts and beneficial training.  Walk with Me along the high road of thanksgiving, and you will find delights I have made ready for you....To protect your thankfulness, you must remember that you reside in a fallen world, where blessings and sorrows intermingle freely.  A constant focus on adversity defeats many Christians. ...They walk through a day that is brimming with beauty and brightness, seeing only the grayness of their thoughts.  Neglecting the practice of giving thanks has darkened their minds.  How precious are My children who remember to thank Me at all times.  They can walk through the darkest of days with joy in their hearts because they know that the Light of My Presence is still shining on them.  Rejoice in this day that I have made for you, I am your steadfast Companion.  - God   Psalm 118. 24  and Psalm 116. 17 

It is very hard to stay hopeful when it seems like God has forgotten us.  I have said that...I have felt that God has forgotten me, but praise God I have also lived long enough to know
                            ...that is a LIE from the pit of hell.

God does not forget us.  God never has.  HE knew me..HE knows you...before you were born.  HE knows the number of hairs left on my head and how many will fall out into the drain this evening.

I am posting today to give hope and encouragement --from  God  because....
I want to  remind myself how things are so relative and how the enemy  continues to try and lie and weasel his way into our lives.

And maybe I am posting this --for you...the stranger at the other side of this computer screen that I don't know.

In the past month.... 

I  have reached out to a woman that wants restoration in a marriage.

I prayed with a woman that does not have her kids right with her right now, and her heart is so broken.

I have prayed with several women who are trying to salvage relationships with their children and their husbands.

I have prayed with women that are hopeless and trying their best to hang on.

I have prayed that God would move mountains...

There are so many -- feeling defeated -- 

And I was reminded of MANY other heartbroken people.

I was reminded that we always need to be thankful.

I think it is important to be real and to be aware.  Because of God....there is HOPE and there is light at the end of the tunnel even when we think it can't happen.

It is a very hard concept, but there can be joy in our circumstance.

Tomorrow could be the day the situation turns around....tomorrow could be the day....
Tomorrow could be the day the situation turns around... tomorrow...

I have said this before, there was a time in my life that I would just 'hang on until night time'....then I would pray and go to sleep with my bible on my chest and ask God.."please, tomorrow - could tomorrow be the day I have been waiting for?".   And then tomorrow came, and the day started and by 10 or 11 am that next day - I would find myself saying, "ok God, I guess it WON'T be today ( for my miracle ) so...just get me to bed time......."   And I would look forward to the possibility of the NEXT day...

Literally living from day to day  -- 


God has to be it.
HE has to be our all.
HE allows strife and heartache within out lives - cause HE wants to draw us near  -- HE is getting our attention.

 That was NOT HIS intention but we are in a wicked world and we chose the path, we have that free will....it leads us into temptation and then sin.

It certainly seems  like ALL the others ( around us )  are getting the breaks and the ones who are ARE on their knees seeking God are NOT winning...but hold on dear sister...hold on beloved....YOU are HIS.

Please don't compare your situation with others -- you have no idea, but maybe Satan does not need to mess with them...and he is able to bless then ( Satan can bless people ) cause they are NO threat.
So consider it an honor...that the enemy is seeking to destroy you -- and your dreams and family...cause he knows, God has great plans in the future.

Lisa Bevere says that you are probably being attacked ...cause of WHAT the enemy knows YOU can do for the Kingdom of God in the future -- so he is attacking now.  Don't let him win.

Don't let the enemy tell you God has forgotten you -- HE has not.
Cry out to him.  Demand GOD to show up and move....just make sure that you are RIGHT with him first - confess any sin....make sure YOU have asked HIm into your life and heart, and declare your love for him.

I realize it may be hard to declare your LOve for God...I was unable to really do that for many years...it takes time to trust something that is 'unseen'.  But, if we will...Glory will come.

Hang in there beloved....YOU are deeply loved.  Memorize these verses  below.  Personalize them.

Michelle, be strong and courageous, don't fear..for God is with me and HE won't leave or forsake me.
__________, be strong....



Lord, God.....I am thankful for this day - for the women or men reading this....may they see HOPE at the end of the tunnel.  Lord, as we end this 40 days of prayer, I continue to hold up those sisters in Christ that I am believing and agreeing in prayer with -- that there would be clarity...there would be peace...and a new found relationship - like NONE before.    amen.

God - for some -  they may not have the faith right now to believe there is  LIGHT at the end of the TUNNEL - but I will believe it enough for them -- I will!



Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV 

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”


Psalm 55:22 ESV / 

Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!