Saturday, September 20, 2014

Hitting the SNOOZE button --

Today is a rainy day.  The Holy Spirit gave me something to write about a few days ago and this morning,  He spoke clearly -- it was time to write. 

It is Saturday and my alarm went off and I hit the snooze button.

  Today, being that it was Saturday, I could afford to hit that snooze button 2 or 3 times.  I hit it 5 times to be exact.  I actually got less  sleep in that hour, than if I would of just reset the alarm for another 30 minutes.  Instead, I suffered and would nod off and then the alarm would hit again. 

I bet YOU know exactly what I am talking about.  I bet YOU have done the same. 

What the Holy Spirit reminded me of a few days ago--- is how easily I can 'hit that snooze' and put  something off. 

And yet...when I am in prayer over a situation, interceding for another, or fasting for a decision  that I want His guidance for...  it seems like I WANT my ANSWER NOW!  And I am not willing at times to let God ..hit that snooze ....and let it simmer  for just a little while longer. 

Did that make sense to you? 

It seems... that waiting on God is hard.
 We want that answer now.
 Yesterday, or at least by tomorrow by noon. 

And when we have something that we are to be doing ....we just hit that snooze button and prolong it or we avoid something.   Many times, we tell ourselves..."Oh, I will do that later". 


There, I will let that sink in. 

God spoke right to my  head and I had to capture my thoughts.  I have been in a situation where I had to wait on God, and I did wait.   And if I am not careful, pride can sneak in there and I will hear my flesh say, "well, I waited...she can wait too".  I get anxious as I am wanting one to wait on God and get frustrated when she wants to give up.  Or, I am overanxious and over zealous and try to PLACE on her the need to wait when...God is the one that does that convincing.   I repent Lord. 

And there are times, when my flesh will 'evaluate' and almost belittle the one's pain...when I have learned the hard way and say it over and over ..pain in pain...and WHEN a person is in pain, it does not matter the cause -- the point is there is pain. 

Most often we don't need someone to fix it - we just need someone to listen and HOLD us while we walk it out. 

Insensitive,  Very insensitive.  

I say all that to remind myself, but also to remind ......maybe You...maybe you are standing in the gap for another and you needed a reminder that we must wait on God. 

Or maybe you are the one that wants the "McDonald answer -- to add fries with that - - instantly" and you don't want to wait. 


I am reminded of God's Word: 

NLT  Hebrews 10:35-36
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it bring you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. 


Isaiah 38:15 -
But what can I say?
    He has spoken to me, and he himself has done this.
I will walk humbly all my years
    because of this anguish of my soul.
16 Lord, by such things people live;
    and my spirit finds life in them too.
You restored me to health
    and let me live.
17 Surely it was for my benefit
    that I suffered such anguish.
In your love you kept me
    from the pit of destruction;
you have put all my sins
    behind your back.



Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
 
Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.
 
 
I do understand what it feels like to lay down on my pillow and clutch my bible and just want the pain to end. 
 
I do understand God's timing is not my time.
 
I do understand that each person  and every person hurting can be comforted by Him - if they will let it happen. 
 
And I do understand that we can't DEMAND God to hurry up.  Now, Our heads and heart can scream for that - it is all right to ask God to hurry...but add the words, "in Your will be done".  We must yield to our Sovereign Lord and trust Him. 
 
 
I shared this with a sweet woman yesterday --  God waited on me for 30 some years before I really felt I needed Him or that I could Trust Him.  And then God waited another 5-9 years before I actually could say I loved Him...and then it took another few years to understand the fact that no matter what ...GOD was going to meet every need, provide for me, and love me unconditionally.  When I truly accepted that and realized I could LOSE everything and still be Ok...in HIM...THEN, I could begin to heal and then I could begin to live in Him with such a peace. 
 
Unfortunately, we still have to live on this Earth and deal with the consequences of our actions...which is hard...but that is when we grab the hand of a sister in Christ or our Pastor and seek a body of believers to remind us.....HE is able and HE is going to win. 
 
 
I am praying  RIGHT now for some women I know who are waiting on God and it hurts...it hurts cause they have been rejected by people and/or husbands that are choosing sin rather than choosing a life with them. 
 
I  am praying RIGHT now for a young woman that needs to completely surrender her life to Him and allow Him to make her paths straight but she seems to think the world's way is better. 
 
I am praying..... 
 
I bet  - you -- who is reading this right now can relate and add to this blog...because You are praying for another. 
 
Don't hit the snooze and miss an opportunity to speak life into another or to just be there to comfort one as they hurt...But also...don't expect a quick fix...be willing to lovingly share with that one...that the obedience in waiting will bring a reward. 
 
God answers.  God wins.   Don't limit your prayers.  Believe. 
 
God bless. 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!