Thursday, September 11, 2014

Expecting #36 -- Words...Hurting words



So, remember the old saying - "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"? Yeah right -- words hurt --words really can bring one down . . .and words can tear at a soul but the irony is --that words can heal . . .words can bring one up . . . and words can rebuild you.

It needs to be God's words.     God's.     HIS alone.

 I want to encourage someone who may be listening to words that are  hurtful -
I want to encourage someone who may be at the receiving end of hurtful accusations -
I want to encourage someone who may be reading this today  and she has heard,"I never loved you"-
I want to encourage a wife who is ready to 'throw in the towel' cause the words and the lies are too hard to allow in...
I want to encourage another  - who maybe heard words THIS DAY that totally destroyed her life -

I want to encourage a woman that is being bullied by a wicked situation in which it seems that the 'bully' will win....but I am standing in the gap -- seeking God to move within that situation -
I want to encourage  someone right now that has given up ....  and he knows on what -- but it is NOT over yet....

I want to encourage myself....as I am at the end of this 40 days of prayer/blogs .....
I believe these 'last' 10 days of prayers are tests for me..... topics or HARD stuff to pray and believe about.

 I also believe that when this 40 days end ....which is this coming Sunday -- God is going to clarify many situations.  Period.  As God has been preparing me....preparing her...and preparing you.

As I believe that even if I don't know you -- the reader at this moment...God's word will speak RIGHT to your head and heart.  


I was reminded a  post I wrote 3 years ago called:  "Sticks and Stones"

I was reminded of a childhood situation where my teacher said, "don't worry about what he said, it does not matter anyway".  But it did matter....it devastated me.  

.....  Cause WORDS do hurt.  

Words are powerful.

Words can bring life and death.
 HIS words are perfect!  

God's word says: Isaiah 55.11 So will my word be which  goes forth from MY mouth, it will not return to ME empty.

Don't be discouraged. Don't.
God's words DO not return empty....they bring life.  

Isaiah 54.10 -- Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion for you.

So, I write today to encourage ----
-----but EVEN when it does not seem like God is moving or listening...HIS word assures me -- HE has compassion for me.  



Habakkuk 2.3


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!



 So, I will pray for the husband who seems to  continue to run back to sin.  
And I will believe that God is big enough to totally change this situation.  God is at work....the restoration can come...it will come.  Even when a person has free will -- the prayers of a wife are heard boldly at the throne of God and honored.  God is faithful.  

The miracle could be JUST right around the corner!  


I will pray for the woman that is being bullied -- she will NOT live in fear ...she may not have enough faith to believe this, but I will stand in that gap and believe for her...God wins.  

Lord - may anyone reading this - be reminded -- "if it seems slow - do not despair"...the vision will be fulfilled.  Lord, You have given us all the patience we need - help us to WALK in that gift. I  love you Lord and I praise what you have done, what you are doing, and what will come - In Jesus name, amen.   And Lord, for the hurting ones...and those words...God I pray they will seek YOUR Word this day and apply it to their hearts... and allow the holy healing of Your Word to wash over them - may they captivate that with their hearts and minds!  amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!