2. I do believe that a combination of Professional help and Godly counsel is always needed when a marriage is in crisis.
3. I know that God does want us to stay married but He has provided an 'opt out' when adultery is involved.
4. I believe that ONCE a couple is married -- THAT person is God's intended for you - marriage is a commitment.
4. I do believe that MOST times, the wife or the husband GIVES up way to quickly.
5. I know that if 'stuff' is not dealt with -- within our minds and thoughts -- the problem or problems we tried to SHOVE under the rug will return in our next relationship.
6. I do believe that GOD can TOTALLY change a heart, a person, and a marriage.
7. I do believe that if there is abuse or a fear for one's safety -- the spouse needs to get out of that situation and work at solving the problem -- but that sometimes it can't be worked out.
8. I do believe GOD blesses those who -- 'wait'...but, that HE forgives us when we mess up. But it is noted -- to continue to sin....when one knows it is against God's instructions -- is asking for the enemy to come on in and stay.
9. Marriage is HARD work.
But...10. Our counselor used to say, "you want a dance.....the fine line between communication, sex, companionship, and then sharing life together".....It is a dance and WHEN it finally gets RIGHT -- it is good. And it is SO much better when GOD is the one we are both - DEPENDENT upon.
Tonight's prayer is for a target audience.
....if there has been sexual addiction
...if there has been adultery, emotional affair (s), or even just a co-dependent relationship that is not healthy
...if there has been deception
....if there has been drug and/or alcohol addiction
...if there has been a constant problem with guilt -- or lying
...if there is extended grief
...if there is extreme pride where there is no humbleness
.....and if.....the LIST could go on and on -- the enemy has us bound tight with impressing the world!
THEN GOD is the answer.
Seek AA or Professional Help. Google..." I am a Christian and I need to find a place where...." THERE is help out there -- but I have seen where people are too afraid to seek it or just plain too ....lazy. You see - they are NOT desperate enough.
I was desperate enough to change a bunch of stuff. When ONE is really desperate and finally done with trying to control .....then they finally SEEK HIM and HE can begin to prune off the old and bring in the new.
I believe that food addictions are MORE harmful these days in many marriages -- and it is overlooked.
I believe that ANY illness, addiction, or phobia CAN be fixed with HIS help.
I believe that someone reading this -- will now have the courage to STOP the INSANITY...and finally do something different.