Saturday, August 16, 2014

Expecting #10 -- God RULES.... even in TESTS!


Psalm 97 The Message (MSG)

97 God rules: there’s something to shout over!
On the double, mainlands and islands—celebrate!
Bright clouds and storm clouds circle ’round him;
Right and justice anchor his rule.
Fire blazes out before him,
Flaming high up the craggy mountains.
His lightnings light up the world;
Earth, wide-eyed, trembles in fear.
The mountains take one look at God
And melt, melt like wax before earth’s Lord.
The heavens announce that he’ll set everything right,
And everyone will see it happen—glorious!
7-8 All who serve handcrafted gods will be sorry—
And they were so proud of their ragamuffin gods!
On your knees, all you gods—worship him!
And Zion, you listen and take heart!
Daughters of Zion, sing your hearts out:
God has done it all, has set everything right.
You, God, are High God of the cosmos,
Far, far higher than any of the gods.
10 God loves all who hate evil,
And those who love him he keeps safe,
Snatches them from the grip of the wicked.
11 Light-seeds are planted in the souls of God’s people,
Joy-seeds are planted in good heart-soil.
12 So, God’s people, shout praise to God,
Give thanks to our Holy God!


Today is Day #10.  When I started this Blog Prayer ( 40 days ) I knew that I knew God had commissioned me to write a series of prayers and link them together for HIS purpose.  I have one women in mind this time ...agreeing in prayer with her for her prayer requests as she needs a mighty movement of God within her life, her family, and her circle of influence.  There is no shame or condemnation as she loves HIM...she worships HIM...but there is still struggle.  

But, I have had confirmation that this 40 days of blog/prayer is NOT just for her or me....but several women have come to me and confirmed that THEY are being touched...THAT is God...and HIS mighty Word.  THAT is what HE has called us to do -- to glorify HIM with our lives, our actions...our speech...our being.  Praise HIM!  

God's Word today within Psalm  97 reminds me that  HE is God. 
HE is the Creator of the Universe and HE wins.  

10 is the number today -- Day #10.  10 is a number in the bible that means tests.  My own child has been reminding me of this, as 'this' month is #10 within a prayer cycle she has be commissioned to do.  She knows that she knows - and has been praying for a person within her life and THIS month is #10.  Her first weekend, her car broke down and she dealt with the struggle of getting it running again and there was a cost - $.  The second weekend, she ( and me ) dealt  with the loss of her puppy - her child.  Praise God, Elsa was found but there was a cost - $$ - reward money and I was the one that wrote that check, a cost.  This weekend?  She has looked at me over and over and asked, "what is next?".  I know that this weekend she has to LESSON PLAN with her dad....as school starts Monday and this is her official 'first year' start up and there has been plenty of stress and cost ( $) as well.  However...through it all - I have seen her get stressed, get frustrated, and cry  but never waiver in the fact that SHE KNOWS...HE is with her.   HE wins, HE rules, HE is God.  And I believe that, because she has been obedient -- even as the month continues  and even if next weekend there will be another 'test' or no test at all....GOD will win.  

So, now back to my sister in Christ - these past 10 days for her has brought MANY blessings and TESTS...and again - another test has surfaced within her family.  Again, I know that I know - GOD will prove faithful and GOD is orchestrating....so today, the prayer is VERY short and simple.  


Today's prayer:    

Lord God, thank you for being God.  Lord, continue to be GOD within my life.  I pray that NOTHING will get in the way of this and that as I continue to believe that YOU are moving, YOU are within the lives of my family and me...and that YOU will move the mountains -- I pray that I will hold steadfast and believe that YOU win.  In Jesus name, Amen.  

You will win...within my family - You will win..within my finances - You will win...within these tests - You will win...within the unexpected hurts and needs - You will win..and NO matter what - I won't fail as I have YOU within me.  
Amen.  



Homework:   Go back to that first letter/assignment that you were to write on Day #1...read it again,  smile at WHAT God HAS done...think of your head and heart today....10 days into this 40 days...and then write another letter today!
Write what you are thankful for today. 
Write what you are concerned about today. 
Write what you desire today on that paper and then just smile, and believe that HE has his arms around you - and is smiling upon your beautiful face.  

Then as the day progresses...remind your brain that GOD is God...and HE will win!  
And I will see you in Church on Sunday and we will expect that - everything will be well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!