Monday, August 18, 2014

Expecting #12 -- a day of firsts.....

The first day of school ...
The first day of living  in your new apartment or college dorm room...
The first day of Kindergarten...
The first day of driving alone...
The first day you have to sleep alone...

Firsts...

Firsts can be scary -- Firsts can be exciting -- First can bring anxiety  and Firsts can be what drives you....

The first 5K....
The first marathon...
The first volleyball game....

What is an important first?

The first day of the rest of your life?
The first day you realize that Your name is in the Lamb's book of life?

It was my first day of school today.
I had an 'uneventful' but crazy first day -- my 27th first day of school starts.
And yet...there was a first --  I almost had to call 911 or ask my para to call 911...for a few tense moments I was unsure...  For privacy reasons I won't share more, but I thank God that I thought quickly and trusted my instincts.  All is fine --All ended well, but it was a first for me.

Today's prayer focus...

Lord, that YOU are first in each and every situation.
Lord, that my sister in Christ will be allow You to be first in each and every situation.
Lord, that YOU are first in the lives of the women that are heading to Our Encounter Weekend with me and the other leaders.
Lord, that You are first within my children's hearts and thoughts and that goes for whomever is reading this as well...  Lord, for my sister in Christ - my BB...  for her children...that they would put You first..that her place of work would be a spot that always puts You first and it thrives in doing Your work.  Lord, for my BB....meet the needs, guide the others, and give her new strength and mercy to continue believing that You will bring this 40 days to a special end...in your time -- she will see miracles and receive such a healing...in Jesus name, Amen .
 


Homework:  Think about a few firsts -- and give thanks to God for them.
       Then begin to think about WHAT will still come about -- when You see some certain hearts change...believe...dream...and than thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!