Saturday, December 24, 2011

...this Christmas....

“So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.” Luke 2:16-20 NIV

Mary pondered things.  That has been a phrase I have said to myself and to counselors MANY times over the course of the past few years....she pndered these things....she treasured up all these things....
 
I can tell you today what I treasured this week, I treasured the fact that a sweet man called me from the mall as he was looking for a Christmas present for me and decided that I really needed to b there with him to get some 'new boots'.....This meant a lot as two years ago, I got a candle, yes a stupid candle.  At the time I was so mad but just smiled and said "thanks".  Now I know and realize, it was just a gesture..his heart was elsewhere.  And last year, I did not even get a card.  Now mind you, I had a REAL hard time picking a card myself last year for him  and settled on one that said, Happy Holidays and that was it....and he stated, he felt bad about not getting me a card...so when this year rolled around and he actually went to get something...this is treasured!   WE had agreed 'not' to get or give gifts last year which was probably for the best  but even when one says 'no gifts' ....we all, deep down inside, want to be thought of and want to be loved enough that we get a gift anyway.  However, as I said, this year is a treasure.   And believe me, he knows I love candles and scents so if he comes with a candle this year...I will treasure it.  But, just to be on the safe side when I was shopping yesterday, God blessed me with a GREAT pair of boots, I called and said, 'hey...??  can I ??  "  Merry Christmas to me from my hubby!  Ha  Ha. 
 
I can tell you another treasure, I am cooking this eve for my folks and my inlaws and my family...all together this year - wow. 
 
I can tell you another treasure, I had some minor surgery this week and by Day 4 of recovery my healing was a moving as I was off of pain medicine and enjoying the pampering!
 
And another thing, my girl is being asked to take care of a young charge...the fact that her parents think that highly of my girl is a treasured thought.
 
And another treasured thing, my son actually seemed tickled that there was a present under the tree for him as all he wanted was his I phone S and basically that is all he was getting. 
 
And just now a sweet woman asked me to pray for her...she considers me a woman of God...that my friends is the highest thing that I treasure...that God has done a work in me and I am forever changed. 
 
I also must stop and reflect upon this day...the day we celebrate a lady and her husband found an inn and in the quietness of the night a child was born, a babe in a manger that changed our lives...forever..I am most thankful for HIS life and HIS gift...amen. 
 
Lord, I love you -- thanks.  Thanks for making this Christmas a miracle...may I never forget and always ponder these things as they are treasures in my heart. 
 
I love you Lord, YOU are enough...YOU are my gift, may my life be a gift back to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!