Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas from the Pritchards

Merry Christmas
God is just so good, so good.  Even when you don't think so, HE is.  HE is truthful, honest, and perfect. God is my hero.  The Holy Spirit is My guide and Jesus's sacrifice saved me..saved us.   All three, one God, one....united....with me with us..all of us.  This Christmas, I consider our family a miracle as well.  The Enemy fought hard to destroy it and continues to lie, steal, and kill....but God has already conquered that!  So like I said, I consider our family a miracle!

Jesus is the miracle of this season, he was born in a manger......HIS story gets sweeter and sweeter to me  each year.

Taylor  ( TP )  will graduate next spring, she is  getting near the end of her degree...she gets to do her  one day a week practice this semester.  In the mean time,  she is here at home and we enjoy her when she is actually at home.   I am looking forward to spending some time with her at volleyball again;  she is coaching BIG LAKE and she has her own team!!   She works at the INS. office part time, babysits, and has many friends and therefore we don't see her too often at home.  I am just so proud of her.  She has been a real friend and prayer warrior for our family for me.  She is a true and loyal friend and delight to her mother and others!!    I find it very easy to confide in her and then opps, she will say, "mom, that is TMI...I am your DAUGHTER not your best friend".  She is a great listener and has a gift for ministry as well.  I can't wait to see what God has for her in 2012.  She has a blog, go to my blog page at wisgalinokee.blogspot.com  and find the link to hers or check out her Facebook page and you can find it there too.    She is a talented writer and God's girl.  She loves her 'Lort'.  We speak each other's language.....

Hunter  ( HP ) is a Junior.  He starts his school day in Brendan's  American History class this year.   I can't tell you how much joy it brings to me to hear what Brendan notices about him at the high school level...his maturity..his personality...  and his GREAT grades!  He is taking IRSC classes and getting a jump on college.  Right now he really thinks accounting is it. Soccer is still a BIG part of our lives.  He plays on a Nationally ranked team, we spent 2 weekends ago in North Carolina at a college showcase  and next week we are in Orlando for another tourney!  I believe he will or can be a lawyer some day -- we debate a lot.  Brendan and he enjoy MANY soccer, basketball, and football games - anywhere.  It is fun to listen to their commentary.  They speak each other's language.....

Brendan and Me....still teaching.  Brendan at OHS and me....I took a different job and work out at the REZ...teaching with a small class size  and with an aide...I AM in Heaven on earth! (my experience in Okeechobee was awesome but it was time for a change)  I am meeting and making new friends and it gives BP and I many new things to talk about!  We also bought a hog..harley..bike....I say 'we' cause he has my full blessing!  He is practicing, daily, and I am hoping for a ride very soon.  The plan is for me to take the road class in February and learn to 'drive' one too.  So right now, it is more Brendan's bike than mine!  I don't have room enough to really share all good things about this new adventure.  Are you thinking mid-life crisis...you bet ya and we are embracing it!  He continues to work at the Ins. office after school and when his 30years (6 more to go) of teaching are done, he has plans to work there full time....if Lowell ever retires! 

 I am doing new things and changing too...you just won't 'hear' mine coming around the corner.  Can I tell you that NOW I can tell a real Harley by its sound, its pipes..it is a sweet sound!  Around here we now call it mid-life delights!   I said I was teaching and Brendan is too, he really does enjoy the students and now with HP there, it has been  extra fun for him.   He does not like these 'bragging' type of letters and would rather be quite private, but he really is a great History Teacher and all of his students enjoy his class.    Hunter wants to go to FAU or UCF and he does want to play soccer, he has the talent to play division I...we shall see! Hunter has a sweet girl friend,  loves to "game"  still  on that Xbox, and he is a movie watcher. And many times you can see  and hear Brendan and Hunter doing sports commentary as they see it.  I enjoy that time, sitting on the couch and just listening...it warms my heart, it heals!

Me, if you follow me on FB you  probably noticed  that my hero is Jesus.  The past three years have been a real self-discovery of who I am and who I am in Christ.  God prepared me and held me even when I did not know what would transpire.  And then when circumstances were out of my hands, HE did a humbling work in my heart and head and I had to face up to things and deal with things that only God could get me through.

  God's will is never a penalty and HE has sustained me through this year of 2011.  2011 was  a year of much uncertainity, but I can say this, I have no regrets as everything that has happened or anything the Enemy used to  destroy  a family  .....our family stuck it out. With much prayer and God, HE  wins.  Exodus 14.14 says:  God will fight for me, I need only be still.  So, I sat still and waited on God.   HE has guided me through my Pastor and his wife,   I have been in counsel, and  we have been in counsel (still are) but I can honestly say my Pastor and his wife were key players in our lives this past year.  Both of ours.

They were a 'walking' Jesus to both Brendan and I and I am so thankful.   I was baptized again early this spring  and rededicated my life to Jesus.  I guess I would sum it up like this;   I knew I loved God but I was NEVER really in LOVE with HIM.  And I never really trusted God to meet every need.  So, HE allowed some real growing this past year(s).   I had a personal  encounter  with God in February  (a retreat called The Encounter Weekend through the Assembly of God church in Vero Beach)  that was a real turning point in my life.  I joined Fountain of LIfe church and participated in a 30 week course called the School of Leaders.  I became a part of a prayer ministry team and a cell pastor. I had a cell group of young woman from March until August that blessed my socks off.   Blessed. Blessed. Blessed.  That cell group transferred  to Youth Night at our church which is being led by our Youth Pastor and his wife.  So, right now I am just waiting on God to clear my path and  show me my 'next' ministry.

  Our family has been healing, making new memories and enjoying the present!   In June we decided to sell our home and rebuild.  Only God could of orchestrated it so well, it sold within 5-6 weeks and on October 1st we moved into a rental and bought property.  We have house plans, but watching now for maybe a house on short sale....not sure. God and Brendan are handling that. I have complete peace.  Rental life is new and different but I am praying it will be a sort season.  I love telling people how Good our God is, I have a passion and love for the lost now that I never had.  I am looking forward to 2012....and to see WHAT God has in store for me next.  WHAT God has is store for Brendan and the kids....each day is a new day.  God does heal and HE answers.  I consider it an honor to be called 'HIS'.

I am most grateful for what God is doing...Merry Christmas from me...and my family too.

These were on the counter for our Anniversary. We did celebrate 24 years this past August. What the Enemy tried to destroy, God brought beauty out of the ashes.  God restores, have faith! 

2 comments:

  1. Ok --- if you are reading this...I am hoping you got the 2nd version. I wrote this post at 4am today and was still feeling the effects of Demerol....when I went to reread this, I was shocked...there were more than just the normal typos.....Anyway, now I think it is 'publish' worthy.
    Please comment and let me know what miracles God has given you this year! - michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelly:

    Oh, how Blessed you and your family are....What a beautiful, heartfelt writing. Merry Christmas to you and your family. (you are still and always will be an Angel in my book!)

    RH

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!